The intersection of film geeks and sports nerds is not a terribly busy one, but I can tell you for sure that the two co-founders of this site, Kai Parker and myself, are stuck in gridlock there year in and year out. As such, we planned on starting a MILF-sponsored fantasy football league. Last year, the site was a bit young to spring it on you, but we’re ready now. If you’d like to join us and think you have what it takes to beat us, join us in the MILFF league!!
Here are the details:
* 12 team league, hosted on ESPN.com.
* Auction draft (because they’re waaaaaay better than snake drafts, fools!), to be held live online. Tentatively scheduled for Sunday, August 26th at 11am Pacific.
* $25 entrance fee; prizes for 1st place ($200), 2nd place ($75) and regular season high points ($25). Fees are due upon entering the league and must be received by the date of the draft.
* Relatively-standard scoring; no IDP; no PPR; no transaction charges; fractional scoring; 4pts per pass TD; 6pts rush/rec TD; 1 pt for 10 yds/rush/rec; 1 pt for 20 yds pass. Starting roster is QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, Flex, TE, K, Team Defense. (View the league setup here.)
The league is by invite only, so the first 10 (after Kai and myself) interested parties will be in the league. To claim a spot, respond via email to dylan [at] manilovefilms.com. Please don’t sign up if you are not seriously interested or if you don’t plan to be an active member of the league.
Good luck (beating me)!
* If you just want to check up on the league, the home page is here.
* A recap of auction drafts for the uninitiated.
* I’ve probably forgotten something really important, so here’s a picture of a Remembrall.