Strange idea for a list? Well, Kai sent an email saying a post NEEDED to go up in this slot and nobody was willing to do so. I guess everyone is busy watching movies named The Beasts of Argo Pi Miserables or something so here we are. When I try to think of ideas for lists, I usually turn to my DVD collection for inspiration but this time, I decided to glance at my Netflix queue and, well, the rest is history. Or at least WILL be history. I’m gonna make you a part of history. Yes, that was meant to sound like a pick up line. ‘Sup baby?
Anyway, for one reason or another I haven’t gotten to these movies yet, despite me adding them years ago. Probably has something to do with me normally watching movies titled Zombie Slumber Party Massacre In The Hood Part 5: In Space. Without further ado, on with the show!
5. El Topo-I’ve heard how weird this movie is and it’s basically just something for art students to jerk off to, but I enjoy weird movies and sometimes arty movies (See early works of David Lynch) so I dunno why I haven’t seen it yet. Perhaps one day, when I buy long French cigarettes and hate movies like Scott Pilgrim vs The World, I will finally give this a shot.
4. Legend-So there’s a movie with Tom Cruise, Ferris Bueller’s girlfriend, and Tim Curry AND it’s directed by Ridley Scott?! Why haven’t I seen this fucking movie yet?!? This is one of those movies that seems to split people. Some people either love it or some people seem to hate it. To me, it sounds like a wild ride and can’t wait to get around to it.
3. The Devil’s Rain-If you think THAT cast sounds crazy, how about John Travolta, Ernest Borgnine, William Shatner, AND Tom Skerritt?! In a movie about Satan worshipping?! And goats from what I hear. Man, this movie can NOT live up to my expectations, let me tell you.
2. Spiral-Directed by Adam “Hatchet/Frozen” Green and starring Joel David Moore (YES THAT JOEL DAVID MOORE), it’s about Moore being a creepy guy, the guy who was Chuck on that show “Chuck” being his friend, and one of the hottest girls in the world Amber Tamblyn being Moore’s crush and add to the fact that Adam Green hasn’t made a movie I haven’t loved yet so I should get off my white pale ass and watch this soon.
1. Robo Vampire-Look at that god damn cover. JUST FUCKING LOOK AT IT! They have ROBOCOP SHOOTING AT VAMPIRES!! Or something. I’m sure Robocop ISN’T in the movie but this cover is more than enough to get me to watch this damn thing. From what I hear, the entire movie is a giant mess but a fun mess and if you know anything about me, you know I love fun messes.
So what’s on your Netflix queue that you been meaning to get around to? And what do you think of my list? Hmm??