I had previously alluded to there being a so-called LAMBcast Summer Series. Over the past few months, we’ve covered Iron Man 3, Star Trek Into Darkness, Fast & Furious 6, and Man of Steel. Finally, we’ve come to the end, with Neill Blomkamp’s follow-up to 2009’s surprise blockbuster District 9. Elysium is set in a similar world and time and covers themes not all that different from The Film That Gave Us Sharlto Copley, but does it deliver the same goods? Dylan, Jessica, Brian, Justin, and LAMBcast newcomed Steve Moore set out to answer that question…as well as a whole boatload of other questions the film sparked in us.
Also on tap:
* Rants and Raves of the Week
* Name That Year Times Five
A few notes:
* The show can be found, of course, via iTunes – just do a search for “LAMBcast.” Also, I always post a link to the show on the LAMBcast’s Facebook page, and there’s a player there if you’d like to listen online. The direct RSS feed is: http://lambcast.podomatic.com/rss2.xml
* Shows will eventually make their way to the LAMBcast Archives. If you’d ever like to catch up on back episodes, go there.
* If you’re interested, you too can be a LAMBcaster – we love new blood! For more information on the LAMBcast, check out the topic at the LAMB Forums. Music provided royalty-free by Kevin MacLeod’s Incompetech website. Big thanks to Kevin for providing this service. Opening song by Cake. The LAMBcast loves feedback, too – if you’d like yours read on a future show, leave it in the comments section at the LAMB. Please visit and like our Facebook page, and finally, we’re on iTunes, and would still love a review, even if it’s a bad one.
Thanks for listening!