The insanity of the Nic Cage Draft has finally left us, so we return to our regular “draft” programming, taking a left turn away from choosing the films of a particular star and instead choosing our favorite character actors. Now, as I mention a number of times on the show, doing such a category was very tricky, what with attempting to define who belongs in that category (are they still there?, etc.). So what did we do? Made it trickier.
We have Jay to thank for the wrinkle that narrowed the field to North American actors only, confusing us on occassion, provided that we all remembered that prior to doing our research for the show. In addition to that, the rounds were limited to actors of a certain age, and went as follows:
* ROUND 1 – IN MEMORIAM
* ROUND 2 – 80+
* ROUND 3 – 60-79
* ROUND 4 – 60-79
* ROUND 5 – 60-79
* ROUND 6 – 40-59
* ROUND 7 – 40-59
* ROUND 8 – 40-59
* ROUND 9 – UNDER 40
On top of all that, the four of us agreed on a list of actors that we felt had graduated, either to leading roles of to the Character Actor Hall of Fame, and were thus ineligible to be drafted. That list was made up of:
* Steve Buscemi, John Turturro, William H. Macy, Samuel L. Jackson, Richard Jenkins, Don Cheadle, John Malkovich, Chris Cooper, John Goodman, Luiz Guman, Paul Giamatti, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Ron Perlman, JK Simmons, and Danny Trejo
Tell us how wrong we were regarding those choices or any of our other picks. Also drafting (in addition to Jay) was Dylan, Dan, and Nick.
Stay tuned in the coming few days for the poll to decide who won the draft!
Also on tap:
* Rants and Raves of the Week
* Name That Year Times Five
A few notes:
* The show can be found, of course, via iTunes – just do a search for “LAMBcast.” Also, I always post a link to the show on the LAMBcast’s Facebook page, and there’s a player there if you’d like to listen online. The direct RSS feed is: https://lambcast.podomatic.com/rss2.xml
* Shows will eventually make their way to the LAMBcast Archives. If you’d ever like to catch up on back episodes, go there.
* If you’re interested, you too can be a LAMBcaster – we love new blood! For more information on the LAMBcast, check out the topic at the LAMB Forums. Music provided royalty-free by Kevin MacLeod’s Incompetech website. Big thanks to Kevin for providing this service. Opening song by Cake. The LAMBcast loves feedback, too – if you’d like yours read on a future show, leave it in the comments section at the LAMB. Please visit and like our Facebook page, and finally, we’re on iTunes, and would still love a review, even if it’s a bad one.
Thanks for listening!